The Government’s Use of IT
- What can be done to ensure that there is healthy competition for government contracts, both to keep costs down and to reduce dependency on any one supplier? Should large contracts be divided into smaller projects? What kind of bidding procedure should be used?
- Should there be a requirement for government tenders to investigate open source options?
- Should there be a preference in government procurement to give contracts to SMEs?
- Should there be independent checks on the feasibility of projects and realistic timelines? At what stage should this assessment be obtained?
- What system should be in place to assess legislation which may require the use of IT or major changes in IT systems?
- Should all government services be online? What should be the ultimate goal in providing services online?
- Are there any other topics we need to consider?
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.